We offer mini-grants ranging from $50 to $250 to support projects, events and programs that benefit residents living in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill, specifically those living north of Myrtle Avenue. We encourage applications from existing small organizations, block associations, volunteer groups, school-based student organizations, and informal groups of citizens based in and serving the Fort Greene and Clinton Hill neighborhoods.
After organizing many of our own public events, the Partnership recognized the value that a street event brings in terms of building community and providing safe space for play and gathering of neighbors. We know that many local block associations already organize block parties on blocks just north and south of Myrtle Avenue in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill, and we would like to support your efforts to continue to do so. Here’s how we may be able to help:
- After a few years of organizing Move About Myrtle and the Brooklyn Urban Arts Market, we have assembled an extensive contact list of local organizations that might be willing to provide programs or activities for block parties for either a small fee or sometimes for free. We’d be happy to put you in touch with them.
- MARP staff has learned learned quite a bit about permitting for street closures, amplified sound and other things. We can provide advice and point you to the agencies that can help you get your necessary permits.
- The new Community Builders Mini-Grant Program would provide small grants to support community-based and community-organized programs and events. These grants would be small (no larger than $250), and could be applied to activities that are public, free, and benefit or improve the areas of Fort Greene or Clinton Hill north of Myrtle Avenue. Download the Community Builders Mini-Grant Guidelines and Application here.
- Hill Stock Block Party
- F.O.K.U.S./The Stoop
- Ingersoll Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Just Because Prom Project
- Walt Whitman Tenants Association/Family Day Celebration
- Community Buidlers’ Mini-Grant Application