Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership
MYRTLE AVENUE BROOKLYN PARTNERSHIP
The Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership is seeking a temporary, part-time marketing assistant for the upcoming holiday season. From Nov 2017 – Jan 2018, this position will assist the organization’s staff with daily marketing efforts. This position will report directly to the Deputy Director of BID Services.
About the Partnership
The Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership is comprised of two entities, the Myrtle Avenue Revitalization Project LDC (MARP) and the Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Business Improvement District (BID), working together to assist the small businesses located along the Avenue and improve the quality of life of the surrounding neighborhoods in Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, and Wallabout, Brooklyn.
General Holiday & Seasonal Marketing
Providing general assistance on holiday season events and campaigns.
- Along with organization staff, attend end-of-year and holiday events, including organization’s annual meeting, community holiday tree lighting, and other events to provide general day-of support to event organizer
- Occasionally assist with hand-to-hand distribution of printed marketing materials (e.g. tree lighting event invite) at community events
- Help with distribution of printed materials to local businesses and community institutions
- Occasionally assist in managing graphic design projects, interfacing with external design consultants or undertaking minor design assistance work on in-house produced materials (requires proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator)
Lead day-to-day marketing efforts on the organization’s digital marketing channels, including myrtleavenue.org, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Identify and create content (e.g. business specials, new business openings, community news, local events, etc.) to share on the various platforms. This includes writing copy and taking photos.
- Ensure posting of fresh content daily on each social network, utilizing Hootsuite to pre-schedule content when possible
- Engage/prompt staff in developing content for various platforms
- Track the creation of blog posts on the organization’s website and prompt staff to create new content in order to ensure the site is routinely populated with and new and fresh information
- Regularly post available job openings and upcoming events on the website’s job board and events calendar. This involves searching for content to post, but also posting information that may be sent to us from community members.
- Assist communications director once a month with the organization’s e-newsletter blast by developing content (images and text) as needed
Skills & Qualifications
- Savvy user of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Previous experience with WordPress-based sites
- Familiarity with Hootsuite strongly desired
- Basic skills in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator required
- Strong eye for good design and taking quality photos
- Talent for short form writing, engaging copy for web use
- Strong attention to detail
Schedule & Compensation
Hourly rate is $15.00 for 12-15 hours a week. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to develop their weekly schedule with their supervisor. A majority of hours must be worked Mon-Fri, between 10am-5pm, but occasionally, the position will require reporting in the evening or during the weekend at events. Note, due to office closure for holidays, this position will not need to report on Nov 10, 23-24, Dec 25-29, or Jan 1.
Send resume and brief cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using subject line ‘Marketing Assistant’ no later than Oct 20.
The Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to, and value diversity in the workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com