Eleven years ago, we started a summer youth employment program called the Young Entrepreneur Mentorship Program (YEMP). YEMP has provided first-time job opportunities to over 200 local teens. For over a decade, our program has introduced teens to skill building and new career ideas. Today, YEMP gives teenagers that live or go to school here in Fort Greene & Clinton Hill direct access to mentors (small business owners and local manufacturers) and introduces them to entrepreneurship.
This past year, YEMP expanded with a partnership with the Pratt Center and Pratt Institute’s DICE K-12 Program. Now through this collaboration, students have access to hi-tech classrooms and STEAM careers and they are able to further stretch, test and explore new ideas in a college setting at an early age.
Will you support our program to create jobs for our local youth? No amount is too small.
Your gift will help us:
- Introduce youth ages 14-18 to entrepreneurship;
- Provide first-time job opportunities for community youth;
- Give students direct access to small business owners who will serve as their mentors;
- Provide students exposure to science, technology, engineering and math (STEAM) through a partnership with the Pratt Center and Pratt Institute’s Center for Art, Design, and Community Engagement K-12
- Create opportunities for youth to work at Myrtle Avenue small businesses, directly in the community where they live and/or attend school.
Much of our work in the community is made possible by contributions from generous neighbors like you, and YEMP is no exception. Will you partner with us to build opportunity for youth right here on Myrtle Avenue?
Please click here to DONATE online.