The Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership is thrilled to join with Benefit Kitchen in connecting residents with federal, state, and local benefits that increase services, while saving money.
Benefit Kitchen is a free financial literacy platform that connects working families with a path out of poverty. In 10 minutes, residents can learn about their eligibility and estimated dollar amounts for up to 18 federal, state, and local benefits, unlocking up to $13,000 for their household annually! The quick screening also provides information about accessing benefits right on Myrtle Avenue, including reduced-cost eye care, health bucks, free yoga classes and food pantry services. The screening (myrtleavenue.benefitkitchen.com) is fast, free and private (no personal information is collected).
To access immediate benefits found on Myrtle Avenue, click on the links below!
- Fort Greene & Farragut Fresh Pantry provides free fresh produce once per month
- Citi Bike offers discounted memberships for NYCHA residents
- Free Community Yoga classes at Sacred Brooklyn for Fort Greene & Clinton Hill Community Members
- Reduced fee eye care at dc optics and Optical Gallery
- Get $30 in health bucks via the Pharm to Farm initiative at Whitman Pharmacy
- Use SNAP or cash to order a $10 Farm Fresh Box with 5-6 varieties of produce delivered from farms to Myrtle Avenue
- Use your SNAP benefits at these participating pharmacies, delis, and supermarkets on Myrtle Avenue
- Find discounts for seniors across Myrtle Avenue
To find out more or to volunteer to help with screenings in Fort Greene, please contact Nicole Forte at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This initiative is funded by a grant from NYC Small Business Services. The Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership and Benefit Kitchen are one of five teams selected to receive $100,000 from SBS’ Neighborhood Challenge Program.
About Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership
The Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership fosters an inclusive vibrant community anchored by Myrtle Avenue. We do this by engaging and supporting our neighbors, cultivating partnerships, building community capacity, identifying needs and providing services that connect our neighbors to resources and opportunities.
About NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS)
SBS helps unlock economic potential and create economic security for all New Yorkers by connecting New Yorkers to good jobs, creating stronger businesses, and building vibrant neighborhoods across the five boroughs. For more information, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.