The New York City Department of Transportation installed 9 new street lights along Park Avenue in Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, and Wallabout, Brooklyn. This was a direct result of the research and advocacy efforts of our Park Avenue Pedestrian Safety Project.
Four street lights are completely brand new installations:
- North Portland, just south of Park Ave
- Carlton, just south of Park Ave
- Adelphi, just north of Park Ave
- Park Ave, just west of Steuben
Four street light arms were added to existing lamp posts:
- Park Ave at Carlton
- Park Ave at Clinton
- Park Ave at Ryerson (pictured above)
- Park Ave at Grand
The ninth new light, on Washington at Park Ave, was added to an existing traffic light.