Finding that Perfect Holiday Selfie Spot:
Despite the traditional Tree Lighting is cancelled this year. The Christmas tree is already up and ready to bring cheer and joy to you and your family. Come to Myrtle Avenue and take your annual family picture in front of the beautiful holiday tree in Fort Greene Park (at St. Edwards St & Myrtle Avenue).
Holiday Art-walk Murals on Myrtle
We New Yorkers are lucky when it comes to the holidays. We can enjoy beautiful snow, pretty holiday lights, decorated trees, and of course decorated holiday storefront windows. This year Myrtle Avenue is looking more festive than ever before, with many storefronts decorated with holiday murals painted by talented local artists. Here’s where you can catch the festive displays while strolling the neighborhood:
- Jill Lindsey at 370 Myrtle Ave (Adelphi & Clermont)
- 21 Tara at 388 Myrtle Ave (Clermont & Vanderbilt)
- Putnam’s at 419 Myrtle Ave
- Joe and Sal’s Pizzeria at 353 Myrtle Ave (Carlton & Adelphi)
- Clinton Hill Hardware at 452 Myrtle Ave (Waverly & Washington)
- Peck’s at 455A Myrtle Ave (Waverly & Washington)
- Tepango Taqueria at 568 Myrtle Ave (Emerson & Classon)
This holiday season, you can visit the Fort Greene Artisans Market to pick up the perfect gifts from both Myrtle Avenue retailers and local neighborhood makers! Stop by the corner of DeKalb and Washington Pk from 8:30am-1pm every Saturday until December 19th and mark your shopping list while supporting local retailers.
Tis’ the season to be Jolly
There are so many ways to help neighbors in need around the holidays, whether it’s volunteering or contributing to local giving drives.
Myrtle Avenue Toy Drive:
Help give holiday cheer to a local child by donating toys to the Myrtle Avenue Toy Drive, which will serve families living in NYCHA’s Ingersoll and Whitman Houses. New, un wrapped toys can be donated at the following locations from now through December 18.
- [salon]718 at 456 Myrtle Ave
- The Owl and the Pussycat Salon at 154 Vanderbilt Ave
- Just Because Salon at 141 Carlton Ave
- Spa Rhed at 362 Myrtle Ave
- Hair & Co. at 456 Myrtle Ave.
- Apple Bank at 418 Myrtle Ave.
- DC Optics at 390 Myrtle Ave.
We invite neighbors to help sustain and grow the Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership’s community programs, like the fresh pantry and Myrtle youth employment program, by making a tax-deductible donation here!
Don’t forget to share your holiday adventures on Myrtle! Use #MyrtleAve and tag us @myrtleavebklyn for a chance to be reposted!