Russ & Daughters
This job posting originally appeared on Craigslist.
Russ & Daughters is looking for a full-time Baker to join our team working at the Brooklyn Navy Yard. This is a 5 day per week, daytime (starting at 6 am) position.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of our team – we bake delicious bagels, bialys, babkas, rugelach, black & white cookies, hamantaschen, as well as rye and pumpernickel bread.
Baker should be:
• Available for a full-time position, 5 days per week starting at 6 am
• Able to work both Saturday and Sunday, this position requires full weekend and holiday availability. We are open 7 days a week; generally open for all holidays. We are headed into the busy fall season; open availability is required.
• Responsible and self-motivated
• Positive and team players
• Able to lift over 50lbs
• Trained; at least 1-2 years baking experience required
• Experienced in high volume baking production and recipe scaling
• Able to prepare different doughs and mixtures according to production recipes
Please respond to this email pasting your resume in the body of the email. Please, do not send attachments or pictures.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Russ & Daughters Cafe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Purveyors of the highest quality smoked fish, caviar, baked goods, and specialty foods, Russ & Daughters is New York City’s premier appetizing shop. Since 1914, this landmark New York City institution has been owned and operated by four generations of the Russ family. Russ & Daughters has continued to provide the tastes and traditions of a true New York experience from the same spot on East Houston Street for more than a century.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com