Greene Hill Food Co-op
Overview of the Role:
The Assistant Manager will be responsible, along with the General Manager for the overall operations of the store. This position will also interface with in-store shift working member-owners and remote committees to ensure day-to-day tasks and longer-term projects are completed successfully. This position requires the ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly unassisted.
Who You Are
* Committed/Passionate. You are familiar with food cooperatives or food justice; specific familiarity with Greene Hill Food Co-op or other food Co-ops is preferred.
• Experienced. You have worked in agrocery/retail/food setting and familiar with inventory management
• Organized. You know how to manage multiple priorities and delegate responsibility, when possible.
• Dependable. You have strong customer service skills and will respond to emails and questions in a timely manner.
• Detail-oriented. You have proficiency or the ability to become proficient in computer applications such as online spreadsheets, accounting systems, and point of sales.
• Motivating. You are able to direct, manage, coordinate, and support a diverse group of member-owners with a wide range of capabilities
• Problem Solver. From a refrigerator on the fritz to a better product display, we’re looking for someone who has the ability to work through unexpected challenges and someone who will be proactive to implement solutions that improve the store.
• Excellent Communicator. You have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and respectfully in English with diverse populations and stakeholders. Second language preferred, but not required
• Flexible. No two days are the same at the co-op. You enjoy variety in your work and the people that you work with.
What You’ll Do
• Work in coordination with the General Manager to manage handoffs of tasks and priorities between days working and not working to achieve weekly goals
• Manage inventory, receive orders, and product merchandising
• Liaise with the Operations Committee and other committees as assigned, responding to questions and providing information in a timely manner
• Manage day-to-day operations of the store including setting priorities and directing member-owners as they complete their 2.5 hour shifts
• As needed, cover member-owner labor shifts during last-minute cancellations, including stocking and cashiering
• Maintain a clean, welcoming, and inviting store environment
Pay: 22.50/hr. PTO and health benefits offered. Hours & Schedule 25-30 hours a week; working days: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and possibly remote meetings/responsibilities on other days
Start Date: March 26
To apply for this job please visit www.goodfoodjobs.com.