This posting originally appeared on Linkedin.
The Senior Financial Data & Business System Analyst reporting to the Controller with dotted line to Associate Director of Budget oversees the development and delivery of Adaptive budgeting tool, and business intelligence solutions, reporting and data analytics.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for maintaining and improving operational reports (budget requests, dashboards and ad hoc reporting requests) and analytics that inform users on institutional and departmental results. The Senior Analyst will work closely with Institutional Research and IT teams to increase automation and improve reporting. The Senior Analyst is also responsible to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the various other reporting deliverables.
- Monitor the budget planning process from the start to final budget implementation.
- Analyzes business and technical information and provides analytical support to business decisions making.
- Collaborates with internal customers to understand business needs and opportunities.
- Provides intermediate to complex analysis, supporting the planning and implementation of systems and upgrades, and process changes.
- Assist in monitoring department budget requests and produce various ad-hoc reports to help identify budgetary trends and to calculate various projections.
- Manage budgeting system tool (Adaptive Planning) including system design, deployment, data integration with legacy systems and providing continuous improvement efforts for enhancements.
- Utilize data from variety of sources to develop reusable reports to transform operation data into actionable business intelligence and to assist management in accessing data for content and meaning.
- Assist with planning and evaluation of financial information systems including defining Institute specific requirements and accessing their compatibility with daily accounting and budgeting processes.
- Maintain user access and controls in Adaptive budgeting and business intelligence tools.
- Manage financial reporting in Business Objects including existing reports maintenance, enhancements and new report development.
- Development and deployment of various monthly reports to identify misclassified transactions and overspending to assist department managers in taking timely remedial actions.
- Identify pain points within existing financial information systems, provide solutions and establish best practices to minimize redundant workflow and data fragmentation.
- Partake in special projects and various Institute initiatives to improve data quality, reduce data processing time and to streamline accounting and budgeting processes.
- Work with business users, and enterprise data architect to refine/adapt/maintain data mappings as business user needs change or the data environment changes.
- Other special projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required preferably in computer science or business, MBA a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience using SAP Business Objects including both creating and maintaining complex queries, views and stored procedures. Experience in Adaptive budget tool preferred.
- Strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with numerous environments and architectures.
- Experience in higher education or complex non-profit preferred.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel (ability to create and use pivot tables, macros, lookups, etc), Access, and PowerPoint.
- The ideal candidate must be highly organized with attention to detail. The ability to adapt to and lead change in a business environment is also critical.
- Must be an independent and creative thinker.
- Must be able to work with and communicate with individuals at all levels within the Institution.
- Must be able to present ideas clearly and concisely to all audiences verbally and in writing.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com.