In case you have forgotten, Mother’s Day is just around the corner, to be more specific on Sunday, May 9 — and after a rough year, this Mother’s Day is a very good time to go a little bit extra in all the ways possible. From very special brunches to very unique handmade gifts we are sure you will find something on Myrtle Avenue to make mama feel special.
Sip “Mom-osas” at a Brunch
Perhaps the nicest and most classic way to celebrate mom is with a relaxing Sunday brunch. Lots of great options on Myrtle Avenue, but all of them with limited seating, so hurry and make your reservation ASAP. A few suggestions: SoCo, Putnam’s Pub & Cooker, Larina, Bar Bolinas, Osteria Brooklyn, and the list goes on.
You can always keep it casual with a lovely picnic in Fort Greene Park. Grab some carry-out from Myrtle Bagel, Peck’s, or Bergen Bagel Calyer, TB coffee house, Local’s and be on your way. Don’t forget to bring a blanket.
Don’t forget the flowers
Flowers are essential, especially this season and this occasion!
- Bella Rosa Flower Shop: (437) 763 6006 Our favorite flower shop is still open for pick-up and delivery, ready to bring some color to your mom’s home (or yours too!).
- 21 Tara Myrtle Ave: If you want to go very unique, 21 Tara is the way to go. The store is full of handmade products, all of them extremely pretty and unique.
- Greene-Ville Garden Supermarket: Stop by 373 Myrtle Avenue for another great option to find some colorful blooms.
Treat Her with a Manicure or a Hair Treatment
A haircut and treatment will make her feel like a million bucks.
Here are some good options to treat your mom on Myrtle Avenue
Conduct a Family-Wide Wine Tasting
Select your list of bottles and varietals in advance and stock up accordingly.
Start your list by selecting wines from here:
- T/PSY, 584 Myrtle, (347) 599-1672 – Perfect for your wine tasting, plus, if your mom is a wine lover you can find lots of wine accessories.
- Myrtle Wine & Spirits, 166 Myrtle, With a huge variety of wines. For full details, click here.
- Corkscrew Brooklyn, 489 Myrtle, (718) 230-9463 – Store is open and fully stocked, every day from 1-7pm. Good news you can order ahead online. Delivery is also available.
- Gnarly Vines, at 350 Myrtle Avenue.
Give Her Something Special
But what about presents? YES, Myrtle Avenue has you covered on that, too. Here is where you can order gifts for pick-up, local delivery, and shipping in the US:
- 21 Tara Myrtle Ave: The store is full of handmade products, all of them extremely pretty and unique.
- Jill Lindsey: Jill has everything, yes, EVERYTHING, from Acupuncture and energy medicine to tarot and astrology and the best handmade products for your mom. Learn more here.
- Green in BKLYN: at 432 Myrtle Ave. If your mom loves to take care of the environment you will find the perfect card and gift for her here in the local eco-friendly shop.
- Indulge Kitchen Supplies: If your mom is a foodie and loves to cook you can’t go wrong if you visit this store. We are sure you will find something perfect for her and her delicious creations.
Happy Mother’s Day, don’t forget to share your special moments with your mom on Myrtle Avenue and tag us @myrtleavenuebklyn