We’ve all had that moment — we’re watching a movie and suddenly we can’t help but yell, “I’ve been there!” or better yet “That’s my neigborhood” Now, that we all have to be inside apart of others and we have some extra time to do things that we usually postponed. We have for you a compilation of movies that have been filmed in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill, perfect for this quarantine.
Munich (2005): Based on the true story of the Black September aftermath, about the five men chosen to eliminate the ones responsible for that fateful day
- Mo’ Better Blues (1990): Jazz trumpeter Bleek Gilliam makes questionable decisions in his professional and romantic lives
- Fighting (2009): In New York City, a young counterfeiter is introduced to the world of underground street fighting by a seasoned scam artist, who becomes his manager on the bare-knuckling brawling circuit
Clockers (1995): Young drug pushers in the projects of Brooklyn live hard dangerous lives, trapped between their drug bosses and the detectives out to stop them.
Strapped (1993 TV Movie): Ex-con attempting to go straight runs accross serious problems. His girlfriend gets arrested for dealing crack to an undercover police officer. In a desperate attempt to get the charges dropped against his woman, he strikes deal with weapons cop(Michael Biehn) to turn in local gun dealers. How ever, the D.A. is not satisfied with the results, resulting in some serious game playing and double crossing
Pariah (I) (2011): A Brooklyn teenager juggles conflicting identities and risks friendship, heartbreak, and family in a desperate search for sexual expression
Def by Temptation (1990): An evil succubus is preying on libidinous black men in New York City, and all that stands in her way is a minister-in-training, an aspiring actor, and a cop who specializes in cases involving the supernatural.
The Education of Sonny Carson (1974): A gifted young man is caught up in gang life
- Nasty Baby (2015): A close-knit trio navigates the idea of creating life, while at the same time being confronted with a brutal scenario.
- Dave Chappelle’s Block Party (2005)A mix of Dave Chappelle’s sketch comedy and musical interludes, inspired in part by the 1973 documentary Wattstax.
7E (2013) A young man struggles with unexplained events inside of a New York apartment where tenants are not who they appear to be.
- My Brother’s War (2005) On the day of her engagement, Grace Kieler finds her family and fiancé divided on political matters. With her future husband off to join the Union army and her brother vowing loyalty to the Confederates, she is torn. She promises her father that she will protect and care for her brother.
- Jeremy(2014): A lesbian couple’s relationship is tested when their eleven year old son is accused of molesting a five year old girl in kindergarten.
- Gale (I): 24 year old young dumb and barely full of cum, Gale Mercury, a stoner, a womanizer and somewhat of a porn addict living in his mother’s basement.
- Lucifer’s Bride (2015) Stacy has a little problem…
- The Recipe (2014) A young couple’s traumatic breakup forces 6 friends living in Brooklyn to reevaluate relationships and their definition of love.
- Lucky Spot While reaching for a fallen cheese doodle, Ben discovers he controls the fate of his hapless Brooklyn baseball team depending on where he sits.
- Little Pumpkin (2008) In the midst of his parents’ divorce, a 5 year old boy seeks out friendship with a gift his father left behind for him.
- Fort Dracula (2004) The Count is alive but not well in Brooklyn. He’s been ousted from his ancestral home, which has been slated for demolition by city officials.
- The Buzzard (2008) A struggling author hung up over his ex-girlfriend comes face to face with a threatening stranger who calls himself the Black Buzzard.
- 1st Dates (2011) A young woman soon learns that her rash decisions have dire consequences in her search for love.
- White Sugar in a Black Pot (2011) What appears to be a good opportunity for a diligent mother and her family to move ahead, forces her to make one of the toughest decisions of her life.
- Gun Metal Ghosts A Renegade Cop faces off against a corrupt Multi-International conglomerate while pursuing an Anti-Hero Vigilante only to learn they both share the same enemy.
- Morgan’s Trying, Guys (2017 )
- Drugs 101 (2010) Drug 101 is a story of an African American family who tries to use the illicit drug trade to free themselves from poverty and provide a safe haven for their children.
- Love and the Small Print (2012) Three couples navigate life-changing decisions caused by dramatic events in their relationships; but not all of them survive with their sanity or their lives intact.
- A Cup of Coffee (2015)
- Brittany Runs a Marathon (2019): Brittany, a hilarious New Yorker who always knows how to have a good time, but at 27, her late-night adventures and early-morning walks-of-shame are starting to catch up to her.