The Party’s Not Over.
Come sundown, AfroPunk will extend the festival experience and creep into the streets, bars, and restaurants of Fort Greene, Clinton Hill and beyond, including here on Myrtle Avenue with AfroPunk After Dark. Most events are FREE, see details below.
Laugh at a comedy show, dance to a celebrity DJ set, enjoy pop-up performances, film screenings, art installations, drink specials. The park might close, but the party keeps going.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 27
- Crwnmag Tacos & Chill @ Myrtle + Gold, 343 Gold Street at Myrtle Avenue 10PM
Join the Crwn Mag Family and celebrate the release of issue one over tacos and great vibes. Get tickets here.
- Back To Life @ Putnam’s, 419 Myrtle Avenue 11PM
Get a taste of UK and British party culture with DJ sets by Livin’ Proof, Pauli the PSM and special invited guests. Get tickets here.
- Get Me Lit: A Vogue Party & screening @ The Emerson, 561 Myrtle Avenue 10PM
Join .MIC as they screen an episode of their poignant digital series, the Movement, and turn up with voguing demonstrations and tunes by DJ Just Love. Get tickets here.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 28
- Astro Beat featuring the illustrious Blacks (Manchild & Monstah Black) @ The Emerson, 561 Myrtle Avenue 10PM
Manchild & Monstah Black spin music celebrating the spectrum of Black Dance Music. Get tickets here.
- Very Back featuring Ton Up and DJ Fauzi hosted by Yung Elder @ Putnam’s, 419 Myrtle Avenue, 11PM
Join us at this dance party curated by Very Black with sets by DJ Fauzi and Ton Up. Hosted by Yung Elder. Get tickets here.
- Special Closing Reception and Salon @ Myrtle + Gold, 343 Gold Street
Closing reception and salon in celebration of the Hank Willis Thomas led for Freedoms art installation, an artist run super Pac who use art to inspire deeper political engagement and critical discourse surrounding the upcoming 2016 presidential election. Get tickets here.
For full listing of AfroPunk After Dark events, click here.