There are so many wonderful LOCAL places to choose from, to shop, dine, pamper, enjoy live music and more this Valentine’s Day. A few love-inspired activities on the Avenue this year, whether you choose to spend the big day as a couple, solo or any myriad of ways:
SAY IT WITH FLOWERS
- Bella Rosa Flowers & Gift Shop, 566 Myrtle, (347) 763-6006 Flower bouquets of every beautiful variety. Stop in.
SAY It WITH GIFTS, CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
21 Tara, 388 Myrtle, (718) 237-0737
Barking Brown, 468 Myrtle, (718) 638-3757
Leisure Life NYC, 559 Myrtle, (347) 725-3167
Owa’s Afrikan Market, 434 Myrtle, (718) 643-8487
Shalena Jewelry, 384 Myrtle
Clinton Hill Simply Art & Framing Gallery, 583 Myrtle, (718) 857-0074 February is Couples Appreciation Month: any couple entering shop will receive $20 off any purchase (excluding books) and complimentary tote bag while supplies last.
Green in BKLYN, 432 Myrtle, (718) 855-4383 LOVE QUOTES Come out and share or read sage love quotes on the in-store on recycled chalkboards or on the web
OH, TO BE PAMPERED
- Burzh-wa Salon, 507 Myrtle, (718) 237-2815
- Joseph Tyler Salon, 456 Myrtle, (718) 802-9900 Special V-Day gift cards available for your sweet to use on a variety of products and services at the salon, from hair color to cuts.
- Just Because Salon, 141 Carlton, (718) 722-7810
- Owl & the Pussycat 154 Vanderbilt, (718) 522-5697
- Polish Bar of Brooklyn, 470 Myrtle, (718) 622-5363 Babeland Bash on Friday, 2/14. Hourly toy raffles, kinky spritzer, desserts, brown sugar upgrade for all manis. Mac Young Rapunzel Lipstick, $15. NYX Deep Violet Lip Liner, $13, Mac Mineralize Foundation, $34, L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Backest Black, $9. Get the look revamped. Book early!
- Shic 564 Myrtle (718) 875-6845
- Shic by Soketah, 564 Myrtle, (718) 875-0845/6
SWEETS FOR THE SWEET
- Brooklyn Sweet Spot* (718) 624-CAKE (2253) & Corkscrew Wines* (718) 230-WINE (9463 Valentine’s Basket featuring Champagne truffles, Chocolate covered strawberries, Gourmet-sized cupcakes, Heart shaped brownies, Chocolate dipped pretzels, Champagne flutes, Bottle of pink proseco
- Huey’s Chueys Café & Xotic Edibles, 378 Myrtle, (347) 985-0333 Gift baskets, and flower and fruit bouquet arrangements
- Le Petit Bakery, 354 Myrtle, (718) 875-6500
FOOD FOR THE SWEET
- Five Spot Soul Food, 459 Myrtle, (718) 852-0202. Stop in for a very special Valentine’s Day titled, ‘Live at the Five Spot starring the Brazilionaires,’ performing samba / pop music. In addition, there will be a special samba performance by Diana Scott and Mike Hinchman. $12 admission. Special 4-course dinner for members of the Contemporary Art Center. Call the restaurant for details.
- Lola BKLYN, 387 Myrtle, (718) 858-1484 Three course menu $35 per person. First Course (select one: Oyster Chowder, Romaine Heart, Grilled and served warm with poached rock shrimp, parmesan, and a spicy vinaigrette, Bartlet Pear, stuffed with Gorgonzola and topped with proscuitto and pear balsamic. Second Course (Select one: Tuna Steak crusted with black pepper and seared to order. Served with rice pilaf and a mixed pepper, saffron escabeche, Lamb Top Round, Oven roasted, and served with rosemary grits, brussel sprouts and a goat cheese white wine sauce, Roasted Pork Loin Glazed with an ancho chile barbecue sauce and served with warm potato salad, Vegetable Lasagna: Homemade lasagna layered with spinach, zucchini, mushrooms and eggplant. Dessert Chocolate Mousse and Key Lime Pie
- Lulu & Po*, 154 Carlton, (917) 435-3745. Only a $5.00 corkage fee on any bottle of wine that you purchase from Gnarly Vines when you have dinner at Lulu & Po between 6-8pm, Monday thru Wednesday. Don’t forget to bring your receipt!
- Maggie Brown, 455 Myrtle, (718) 643-7001 Call and make your Valentine’s Day reservations!
- Peck’s*, 455A Myrtle, (347) 689-4969 Satisfy your foodie Valentine with a gift basket full of local food goodies at Peck’s
- Putnam’s Pub*, 419 Myrtle, (347) 799-2382. Valentine’s Day Menu Option—prix fixe $50/person or $75 with wine pairing –first course— Duck Rillette w/blood orange jam and country bread Oysters on the ½ shell for two Creamy lobster bisque served w/garlic ribbed crouton –second course— Roasted baby back of lamb & merguez sausage w/fregola & caramelized winter vegetables homemade tagatelli w/Alaskan lobster & black truffle cumin dusted scallops w/pomegranate glaze & pomme frites potatoes –third course— Strawberry panacotta Homemade cream puffs w/salted caramel Option 2–$75 Dry aged axe handle ribeye for two w/bone marrow butter, truffled mash & creamed spinach
- Soco, 509 Myrtle (718) 783-1936. Valentine’s Day. Chef Dinner Special Appetizers & Entrees Unlimited Champagne Dinner $25 Per person (1Hr. Per Person) Early Bird Seating 12PM – 2PM – 4 PM Dinner Seating 6PM – 8PM – 10PM – 12PM Reserve Now ! 718.783.1936
- Splitty, 415 Myrtle, (718) 643-BUNS (2868) Live music: Raye Six ‘Love Potion #9’ Valentine’s Night. Fri, Feb. 14th — DJ Hi Maintenance / DJ Devanity / Raye 6 ‘I Like’ Video Premiere & Performance Giveaways from: – Brooklyn Roasting Company @BklynRoasting – Spotted Glam and more–with Brandi Mitchell, Niki Zoe Vickers and Devan Townsend
LET’S TOAST TO THAT
- Corkscrew Brooklyn*, 489 Myrtle, (718) 230-WINE (9463): offering a special sale on Thursday and Friday calling it : Local Love which 10% off all out local wines firm the finger Lakes:
Hermann J Wiemer Late Harvest Riesling 2012 reg $28 sale $25.20
Hermann J Wiemer Dry Riesling 2012 reg $19 sale $17.10
Hermann J Wiemer Gewurztramminer 2012 reg $22 sale $19.80
Red Newt Cellars Merlot 2011 reg $29 sale $26.10
Fox Run Vineyards Cabernet Franc 2010 reg $18.75 sale $16.88
Red Tail Ridge Estate Riesling 2012 reg $17 sale $15.30
Red Tail Ridge Blaufrankisch 2010 reg $18.50 sale $16.65
Sheldrake Point Luckystone red blend 2011 reg $16.50 sale $14.85
Or drop in this week for cupcakes from Brooklyn Sweet Spot. Corkscrew and Brooklyn Sweet Spot collaborated a great Valentines’ Basket of Ombra Pink Prosecco and chocolate treats. Stop in for samples on Thursday from 6pm to 8pm and Friday 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Gnarly Vines*, 350 Myrtle, (718) 797-3183 Also, dont forget to take advantage of our everyday cross-promotion! Only a $5.00 corkage fee on any bottle of wine that you purchase from Gnarly Vines when you have dinner at Lulu & Po between 6-8pm, Monday thru Wednesday. Don’t forget to bring your receipt! We’ll see you there
- Tipsy*, 584 Myrtle, (347) 599-1672. Splurge on a treat. Whether you’ve got a honey or hanging with friends on Friday or at a later time, here are two bottles of bubbly that will make it extra special:
Veuve Clicquot (this week $45, regularly $55) We all know that orange-labeled bottle: it impresses, it makes a statement and it tastes damn delicious.
Moet & Chandon Nectar Imperial (this week $50, regularly $60)
Something slightly sweet for your sweet, with undertones of vanilla and pear.
* Indicates that business is a “Farm to Neighborhood” participant, carrying local foods and products. When you support these businesses, purchases benefit both regional farms and the local economy