NYC Department of Design and Construction has announced that construction for Myrtle Avenue Plaza is planned to begin in the coming weeks. Please don’t let the construction deter you from visiting the amazing restaurants, bars and shops between Washington & Classon, which are open for business and welcome you! Help us make sure that the 60 business impacted by construction in this area continue to thrive by continuing to patronize your favorite businesses that have served the neighborhood for years.
Here’s how you can support:
- Attend our FREE music events at our Get Your Groove on [HERE] taking place every Thursday in June between Washington & Classon!
- Choose a favorite business to support consistently until the end of construction.
- Pick a business category (restaurants, salons or delis), and make an effort to visit every one of these in this area!
- Order food by phone instead of using online services, when possible. Restaurants sometimes pay a significant portion of their sales (sometimes between 12.5-20%) in fees when customers order their meals via online platforms. Ordering by phone helps keep all of your money in the neighborhood and fully supports our independently owned restaurants.
- Pick up an Eating & Drinking guide on the corner of Myrtle Avenue & Hall Street to see all of the restaurants and bars that are offering special discounts every Tuesday! Check out Tasty Tuesdays’ promotion.
- If you are a construction worker, check out our Hard Hat Specials.