- This event has passed.
Fort Greene Community Corner
Sat, Aug 5th, 2017 @ 10:00 AM - 3:00 PMFree
Every Saturday, visit the Community Corner at the corner of Myrtle Avenue and Washington Park in Fort Greene Park to learn about healthy eating and living. Visitors can enjoy:
- Free Health Bucks, can be used to buy produce at the Fort Greene Greenmarket
- Sampling delicious food from Community Chef cooking demos
- Pickup copies of the Myrtle Avenue cook book
- Learn about free active living or exercise classes and events in the neighborhood
- And other special activities each week!
Special Events at the Community Corner on Saturday, August 5th:
- Special Guest: The office of Councilwoman Laurie Cumbo. As well as, Cumberland Diagnostic and Treatment Center, who will be sharing information about their health services and programming.
- Free Face-painting by Gina Hernandez
- Community Chef: Beryl Benbow