Fort Greene SNAP (Strategic Neighborhood Action Partnership) the education and social services not-for-profit located at 324 Myrtle Avenue, offers quite a wide range of classes and services to the community. Here are a few:
SNAP’s Free Public Access Computer Center is a 12 workstation computer lab available for use free of charge on an as available basis.
All computers have access to the internet, and have popular software: word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, games, specialty printing (like greeting cards, invitations and newsletters), instant messaging, and internet access to free email services.
SNAP’s Entrepreneurs Corner participants also have access to business plan and marketing plan software.
– Free internet and computer access to all our participants
– Instructional courses and free self paced learning program in popular software
– Instructors on hand to answer questions and provide assistance
– Free workshops on computer basics, Internet, and email topics
SNAP also offers some fee based services to community members:
– Notary services are available $2 a signature
– 8 1/2 x 11 Black and white printing: .10 each
Fort Greene SNAP is located at 324 Myrtle Avenue between Washington Park and Carlton Avenue. They can be reached at (718) 694-6957.