If you are looking to open a business, the Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership is here to help you find the perfect location. Currently, along Myrtle Avenue in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill, there are ten available retail spaces, and with a growing population and number of retail spaces available within new construction buildings, it’s the perfect time to explore opening your businesses right here.
To begin to see if Myrtle Avenue is right for your business, review the Summer 2015 Quarterly Real Estate Report, which has a list of available spaces and provides an overview of what types of businesses Myrtle Avenue consumers are currently looking for. The report also highlights new shops and restaurants who have signed leases and are slated to open soon.
What’s in Demand
After conducting a retail assessment and consumer survey in 2014, we found that there are several types of businesses that are both under-represented and ones local consumers have the dollars to support (but are choosing to spend elsewhere due to a lack of availability on Myrtle Avenue). These business types include:
- Specialty Food Retail (particularly a full service butcher)
- Casual Dining (particularly quality, grab-n-go or counter service, restaurants)
- Full service gyms
- Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt
Where to Open Your Business
With ten spaces currently available to lease, there’s a variety of locations, sizes and amenities available for you to choose from. A couple of highlights include:
- 364 Myrtle Avenue: This newer construction building offers 1,500 square feet on the ground floor with a large basement. Located just two blocks from Fort Greene Park, the storefront is on a bustling block that is dominated by locally-owned businesses (Jill Lindsey boutique, Brooklyn Sweet Spot cupcakes and the new Gentleman Farmer restaurant.) Across the street, Walgreen’s provides a major anchor that further draws out many customers to this block.
- 81 Fleet Place: Located at the corner of Fleet and Myrtle, this newly constructed building has over 11,600 square feet retail space currently available for lease and is divisible up to seven storefronts. This building is one of three currently rising along Myrtle Avenue near Flatbush Avenue Extension, adjacent to Fort Greene Park, Downtown Brooklyn and Metrotech. Leasing is currently underway, with the building slated to be available for occupancy in late 2015.
Resources for Prospective Businesses
In addition to reading the Quarterly Real Estate Report, we invite you to contact us to learn more insider information about the Myrtle Avenue commercial district and how your business might best succeed here. Also, save the date to attend the next Quarterly Real Estate Breakfast on Wednesday, October 7th at 8:30am at 81 Fleet Place (on the corner of Fleet and Myrtle). The breakfast will allow you to connect with brokers and property owners who have available commercial spaces and to learn more about doing business on Myrtle Avenue.
To learn more, please contact the Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership at (718) 230-1689 ext 6#.