The goal of our transportation planning efforts is to improve the efficiency and safety of streets and sidewalks on Myrtle Avenue. We do this primarily by advocating for improvements with the New York City Department of Transportation (DOT) and Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
Examples of Our Work:
- Created 9 loading zones on Myrtle Avenue
- Gathered 1,000+ signatures on a petition, calling on the NYC DOT to install a traffic signal and crosswalk at Myrtle Avenue and Grand. In October 2018, DOT announced that a crosswalk was scheduled for installation at this intersection.
- Worked with DOT to relocate 3 bus stops to create more efficient spacing and faster service
- Advocated for new bus shelters on Myrtle Avenue at Ashland (westbound B54) and Vanderbilt at Myrtle (southbound B69)
- Worked with DOT to install 74 bike racks throughout the BID
- Worked with DOT to site four Citibike stations in BID district on Myrtle Avenue at St. Edwards Street, Adelphi Street, Clinton Avenue, and Emerson Street