This great shot from 1940 captures the storefront at 372 Myrtle Avenue, which is now home to the new Jill Lindsey store. But 74 years, the store housed Landi’s Jersey Pork Store. Landi’s was just one of a large handful of butchers found on Myrtle Avenue in this era. Before large supermarkets and cheap refrigeration at home became commonplace, people would buy their meat fresh and daily a local butcher shop found just around the corner. Landi’s is a prime example of one of these neighborhood butchers.