Oooh la la, Myrtle is indeed for lovers. There are so many wonderful LOCAL places to choose from, to shop, dine, pamper, enjoy live music and more this Valentine’s Day. A few love-inspired activities on the Avenue this year, whether you choose to spend the big day as a couple, solo or with friends or whatever, enjoy.
- Bella Rosa Flowers & Gift Shop, 566 Myrtle, (347) 763-6006 Flower bouquets of every beautiful variety, including 20% off premium long stemmed roses: $48. Must order by 2/12 for sale price.
CARDS & CHOCOLATES
- Green in BKLYN, 432 Myrtle, (718) 855-4383. Also stop in for LOVE QUOTES, come out and share or read sage love quotes on the in-story recycled chalkboards or on the web.
- Brooklyn Sweet Spot (718) 522-2577 Champagne truffles, Chocolate covered strawberries, Gourmet-sized cupcakes, Heart shaped brownies, Chocolate dipped pretzels and more. Valentine’s Day baskets available.
- Clinton Hill Simply Art & Framing Gallery, 583 Myrtle, (718) 857-0074 February is Couples Appreciation Month: any couple entering shop will receive $20 off any purchase (excluding books).
OH, TO BE PAMPERED
- Joseph Tyler Salon, 456 Myrtle, (718) 802-9900 Special V-Day gift cards available for your sweet to use on a variety of products and services at the salon, from hair color to cuts.
- Polish Bar of Brooklyn, 470 Myrtle, (718) 622-5363 Valentine’s Day Nail Art from 12pm to 4pm. Call to book an appointment: Nail Art 2 fingers: $8; 4 fingers: $12; 6 or more fingers: $27; Gel Art 2 fingers: $12; 4 fingers: $18; 6 or more fingers: $37.
LET’S TOAST TO THAT
- Corkscrew Wines Brooklyn, 489 Myrtle, (718) 230-WINE (9463): pick of pair of romantic reds to celebrate with your main squeeze for only $35. Plus choose from wide variety of other selections
- Gnarly Vines, 350 Myrtle, (718) 797-3183 Wide selections, including champagnes, reds, imaro, pisco, cognac, maraschino and more.
- Tipsy, 584 Myrtle, (347) 599-1672. Splurge on a treat. Whether you’ve got a honey or hanging with friends on Saturday or at a later time, here are two bottles of bubbly that will make it extra special:
Veuve Clicquot (this week $45, regularly $55) We all know that orange-labeled bottle: it impresses, it makes a statement and it tastes damn delicious.
Moet & Chandon Nectar Imperial (this week $50, regularly $60)
FOOD FOR THE SWEET
- Lola BKLYN, 387 Myrtle, (718) 858-1484 2-for-1 mimosas and Special 3-course pre-fixe dinner: Beet Goat Napoleon, champagne cocktail, lobster salad (avocado, blood orange, citrus dressing), corvina ceviche (canchita corn, leche de tigre shot), crispy tomato (mozzarella and melon honey balls), butternut squash risotto with shrimp (roasted butternut squash, balsamic reduction), filet mignon (spinach ricotta cake, mushroom red wine reduction) wrapped in bacon, pan seared red snapper (sage parsnip mousse, glazed baby carrot, barigoule sauce), dessert duo.
- Peck’s, 455A Myrtle, (347) 689-4969 Satisfy your foodie Valentine with a gift basket full of local food goodies at Peck’s, including heart shaped brownies and solid chocolate bears.
- Lulu & Po, 154 Carlton, (917) 435-3745. TBA
- Peck’s, 455A Myrtle, (347) 689-4969 Satisfy your foodie Valentine with a gift basket full of local food goodies at Peck’s, including heart shaped brownies.
- Putnam’s Pub, 419 Myrtle, (347) 799-2382. Valentine’s Day Menu TBA
- Soco, 509 Myrtle (718) 783-1936. Valentine’s Day. Chef Dinner Special Appetizers & Entrees Unlimited Champagne Dinner $25 Per person (1Hr. Per Person) Early Bird Seating 12PM – 2PM – 4 PM Dinner Seating 6PM – 8PM – 10PM – 12PM Reserve Now 718.783.1936
- The Runner, 458 Myrtle, (718) 643-6500 Valentine’s Day Prix Fixe features 3 courses for $75 per person, 5 pm – 12 am. Complimentary champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries on arrival Starters (choice of): Butternut Squash Soup, maple, brown butter; The Runner Chopped Salad kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, pistachios; She Crab Bisque; Entrees (choice of): Portobello and Black Truffle Ravioli; ricotta w/sherry mushroom ragout; Lamb Chops
- Splitty, 415 Myrtle, (718) 643-BUNS (2868) Live music: Raye Six ‘Love Potion #9′ Valentine’s Night. Sat., Feb. 14th — DJ Hi Maintenance / DJ Devanity / Raye 6 ‘I Like’ Video Premiere & Performance Giveaways