Updated: March 26th, 2020
Our call for banner designs is postponed at this time.
Please subscribe to our newsletter, which you can do on the main page of our website, to stay up to date on when submissions will open back up, and all things Myrtle Avenue. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter at @MYRTLEAVEBKLYN
You may be familiar with the banners that dress many of the street poles along Myrtle Avenue. These banners are a great way for us to call out many of the local businesses that help sponsor community programs and events along Myrtle Avenue. Now it’s time to update the look of those banners and we need your help!
What we are looking for:
- Local artists to provide sketches or art concepts for street pole banners that’ll be installed along Myrtle Avenue between Flatbush Ave Ext and Classon Ave
- Once an artist is chosen, we will work with them to finalize a design
- $1,000 honorarium given to the winning artist
Banners should include:
- Bright and vibrant colors that’ll pop on the street!
- Prominently feature the word Myrtle, which will run horizontally along with the banner
- Reserve both the top and bottom 10% of the banner for sponsor logo and branding
- A design that’ll fit the 30” wide X 84” tall banner
If you are an artist or know someone who is, please respond to this open call at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 4th, to be considered.